Thursday, October 15, 2009

Optimum Health

I've reached the point of hating the way I look, so it's time for a change! For the past 3 weeks or so, I've been counting calories, working out, and measuring. I started at 185 three weeks ago, and that's just not right. My ideal weight, according to the height/weight charts is 140-159 lbs.
(weight chart: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm#frame)

So, I'm tracking my progress on the weight loss board over at ProjectWedding.com: Slim Down group at http://www.projectwedding.com/groups/boards/project-wedding-slim-down.

I will post periodic updates here as well to keep myself accountable.
Here are my goals:

Christmas (Dec 31): 165 lbs.
Dream Night (Jan 16): 160 lbs.
Valentines Day (Feb 14): 155 lbs.
One year anniv (May 14): 140 lbs.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my start line: (Sept 19, 2009)

  • WEIGHT: 185 lbs
  • Height: 5' 6.5"
  • Thighs: L 26.5" R 26"
  • Hips: 44.25"
  • Waist (skinniest part/bending part): 33.5"
  • Bust: 41"
  • Arms: L 14.5" R 14.5"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Weigh-in #3 (Oct 10, 2009)
  • WEIGHT: 182 lbs
  • Height: 5' 6.5"
  • Thighs: L 25" R 25"
  • Hips: 42.5"
  • Waist (skinniest part/bending part): 31.5"
  • Bust: 38.5"
  • Arms: L 13.5" R 13.5"
I've lost lots of inches... and about 3 pounds :) I'm happy wiht the progress, even if a little slow. I've worked out this week: Sun-Thur (today) doing:

30-40 mins treadmill or run/walking outside (at the fat burning heart rate of 120 per min)
10-20 mins either ellitical or stationary bike
3 sets of 10 each, 40 lb weights for my quads

I haven't started on my upper body yet, as I need to learn some techniques for using free weights. :)

I'm also tracking my caloric intake at livestrong.com. They have a VERY comprehensive list of exersises and foods for caloric values! You can track your water intake as well. My net caloric intake goal each day is 1800 calories. That's all my food, minus my workouts, not inlcuding my BMR (basic metabolic rate, which is 1600 calories per day). So with all the calculations, I should be burning between zero and 500 calories per day. Depends on the day ;)

Stay tuned for more updates! :D :D I will be posting pics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment